For the most part, if you look at these items, you could put anything from this group together, accessorize it well, and you'd be well dressed and highly fashionable. If this is a challenge for you, it's best if you learn a few basics:
- You can match any solids of any color. You just gotta learn to "eye" how much of each color to use
- You can mix some prints and stripes. It usually works best with a concentrated print, (shown in one area on the garment), like shown on the white tank above. Also check out this example of a large print with a vertical stripe: http://www.polyvore.com/touch_spring/set?id=154286868
- Don't do more than one direction for stripes, or more than one print (all on one outfit)
- You can match a denim jacket with anything. The key to changing what you wear based on the event, is the shoe, the bag, and the eyewear.
- Stay away from super trendy items. Generally they come and go for a reason. Get yourself a few staples, like the ones shown above, and roll with it!!!
- Determine your "thing." Always find something that works best for you. My thing, since I'm borderline average height is that I like waistline seams and peplums. At any time, I can consider myself a mix between inverted triangle and hourglass. Just depends... For me waist seams and peplums, give the look of an elongated body at the waist, and creates more balance between my shoulders and hip area.
So...What's your thing? Be sure you build from THAT DARN JACKET.